You will love getting breakfast planned ahead of time when you Meal Prep High Protein Egg Sandwiches. This is a great way to set yourself up for a week of healthy high protein breakfast or lunch meal. All made ahead of time.
Don’t skip breakfast! Breakfast IS a very important meal to eat to get your body ready for the day and to rev up your metabolism. If you Meal Prep High Protein Egg Sandwiches on Sunday during your meal prep afternoon, your breakfast is easy as grab and go. One Large egg contains 78 Calories – 6.3 grams of protein – 5.3 grams of fat – 1.6 grams saturated fat and 212 mg of cholesterol.
This is a really super easy trick. I like to bake mine in a cast iron pan, I can get six in easily.
When we get done working out, this is the perfect breakfast. We simply take them out of the freezer and give them a quick microwave or reheat in the oven.
No chance of these eggs falling apart when you cook them in the Mason jar lids. I use a spatula to lift them out of the pan then they simply fall out of the lid directly onto the English muffin.
I then add two slices of lean ham to really higher the protein level, a tablespoon of low-fat shredded cheese and a tablespoon of nutritional yeast. On average, two tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast provides 60 calories with 5 g of carbohydrates (of which 4 g is fiber). A serving also provides 9 g of protein and is a complete protein, providing all nine amino acids the human body cannot produce.
They come out perfect with just the right amount of crisp.
I wrap them in wax paper and pop them in a freezer bag so they are simple to grab and go!
- 6 Large Eggs
- 6 English Muffins
- Cooking Spray
- 12 pieces lean ham
- 6 Tablespoons low-fat shredded cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Take six Mason Jar lids and place inside a cast iron pan or on a cookie sheet.
- Spray the lids.
- Crack one egg into each lid
- Bake in oven for 7-10 min depending on how you like you eggs done.
- Cut open English Muffins and place one egg on each bottom followed by ham, followed by cheese and nutritional yeast.
- Place top onto English muffin and spray with cooking spray.
- Place in oven for an additional few minutes to let cheese melt.
- Wrap in wax paper and store in a freezer bag until ready to eat.