This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MeAndMyTea #CollectiveBias
Bigelow Tea and Staying Healthy this Cold Season living on Marco Island, even in a warm destination we need to be on top of germs and getting a cold.
We moved from Minnesota last year and let me tell you, my wife and I would fight tooth and nail to concur Cold and Flu season! With the frigid temperatures in Minnesota a flu or cough and cold happened no matter how hard we fed ourselves healthy foods and exercised our bodies. The temperature would get well below 20 below zero at certain times. With this crazy temperature the last thing you want to do is get outdoors.
We have a few hints and tips for you to fight the cold and flu season! If you are unsure every year as to what else you can do to ward off being sick in bed besides a trip to the doctor for a shot, we have a few tips that work for us.
- Drink Bigelow Green Tea – We picked up Bigelow Green Tea with Lemon and Lemon Ginger with Probiotics at our local Walmart store. Drinking a few glasses a day will benefit your immune system dramatically. Start getting green tea into your bloodstream at the first sign of a cold this should stop the advance stages from happening. We like to steep the Green tea first then add it into our water bottle so we can drink it all day!
- Plenty of Exercise – You want to stay healthy this cold and flu season, right? Get off the couch and get into the fresh air and exercise. If the weather is to cold, cover up and go for a walk. Your body will thank you for staying active so it can help fight off a cold.
3. Feed your body vitamin C fruits – I cannot say enough about eating fruits like lemons, tangerines and grapefruits. Lemon aids in liver detox and alkalizes the body. Lemon juice is also a mild diuretic, so adding it to your water is going to help flush out those bad toxins that are lurking when you have a cold.
4. Add Ginger into Your Diet – It can be used to ease indigestion and reduce gas, bloating along with flatulence. The spicy component of ginger can also rev up your internal fire along with upping your metabolism. You will need this if your immune system is sluggish.
5. Plenty of Rest – We cannot say this enough to our friends and family, rest and relaxation does wonders for your body! I steeped my lemon Ginger tea and added in water and a bit of lime for a refreshing drink to help flush fluids into my system when I am starting to feel tired or a scratchy throat. Just relaxing getting free Vitamin D for me makes me feel so unstressed.
Finding the tea at Walmart is a breeze, just head over to the coffee and jelly aisle, you will find about four rows of Bigelow Green Teas! Want to get social with Bigelow Tea? Follow all their Social Channels!
- Facebook – http://facebook.com/bigelowtea
- Twitter – http://twitter.com/bigelowtea
- Instagram – http://instagram.com/bigelowtea
- Pinterest – http://pinterest.com/bigelowtea
How do you stay healthy during cold and flu season?