This weekend we worked on the house a bit more and had a great weekend checking out the shopping and restaurants in the area. We stopped off Saturday around 1:00pm for a little happy hour drinks and appetizers. It is so hard for me to spend money out on eats when I love to cook myself. I have no problem spending money on a beer or seventeen but food is another story. I made skinny lasagna on Friday and decided to make a leftover soup on Saturday. Dave and I can never finish a big batch of pasta so soup is really a great alternative to tossing it out or freezing it.
How to make Lasagna Soup
It is really hard for me to make a small batch of anything. I am meeting my neighbors and look forward to giving back with cooking even larger batches to share with those that need it. This batch was made with extra lean ground beef. When I make lasagna I have to use the leanest hamburger I can find. We make this several different ways by incorporating some sort of sausage or chicken but this recipe is only with lean ground beef. It is comfort food at its best. Serve with Noni Bread!
How To Make Lasagna Soup with leftovers.
Recipe Lasagna Soup
Leftover Lasagna becomes a large pot of Lasagna soup.
- Use Your Leftover Lasagna
- 8 Ounces Lasagna Noodles
- 1 26 ounce jar of pasta sauce
- 16 ounces of Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 16 Ounces Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 Egg Whites
- For the Soup
- 1 46 ounce can Tomato Juice
- 2 28 ounce can of Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of Italian Seasonings
- Use your leftover Lasagna
- Cut into bite size pieces
- Add to a large pot the Tomato Juice and One can of the tomato sauce along with the Parmesan cheese and your seasonings.
- Add the leftover Lasagna to the pot along with another can of the tomato sauce.
- If you like a real thick soup you may not want to add all the sauce. That is totally up to you, we like a soupy soup.
- Let it simmer about twenty minutes then use Noni bread as you would say using croutons.