Pizza filled Spaghetti Squash Boats
Oh, my cheesy goodness! Pizza is something I could eat every night for dinner, easily! Being on a lower carb diet, this is the next best thing to enjoying pizza. The spaghetti squash strands serve as the crust. You can create any type of flavorful pizza take that you enjoy. My wife like it loaded and topped with jalapenos. Me, I am a manly meat lover kind of guy. But truly this is one easy recipe. We love picking our spaghetti squash up at the local farmers market that is here in town.
- One large spaghetti squash
- One 14 ounce jar pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup pre cooked sausage
- 1/2 cup sliced pepperonis
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chipped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and remove seeds.
- Place spaghetti squash face up in a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked rake the squash inside to create spaghetti-like filling.
- Fill each half of the spaghetti squash with your pizza sauce leaving enough room for toppings and cheese.
- Next, add your toppings.
- Top each half with mozzarella cheese
- Place boats back into the oven and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
What’s your favorite way to add ingredients into a spaghetti squash boat?