Jump to Recipe
You must learn about Nutritional Yeast Benefits and what it can do for your health. Nutritional Yeast can replace Parmesan cheese in a pinch and tastes very similar. Surprisingly high in protein with unexpected flavors. Certified Gluten-Free and now sold in most markets.
Nutritional Yeast Benefits
Give an extra boost to your food with nutritional yeast. It is sold in the form of flakes or as a yellow powder and can be found in the bulk aisle of most natural food stores and your local grocery store. Nutritional yeast is packed with essential vitamins and minerals. It’s one of the best non-animal sources of folic acid and vitamin B-12. Nutritional Yeast fulfills your entire daily vitamin B needs.
On average, two tablespoons of Nutritional Yeast provides 60 calories with 5 g of carbohydrates (of which 4 g is fiber). A serving also provides 9 g of protein and is a complete protein, providing all nine amino acids the human body cannot produce. Another benefit is it is Gluten Free. I use it most places I would use Parmesan cheese. Gluten Free is something my husband and I have been researching more into for our bodies and skin.
The yeast itself is grown on beets and dehydrated. Nutritional Yeast is a superfood, packed with benefits. Sprinkle it over foods for a nutty, cheesy flavor. We adore it sprinkled over popcorn.
What ways can I use Nutritional Yeast?
- Sprinkle it on top of popcorn. My favorite snack!
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, sprinkle on the Nutrition Yeast wrap in tin foil and bake for 20 minutes at 325
- Toss Brussel sprouts in balsamic vinegar sprinkle on the Nutritional Yeast and bake for 20 min at 325
- Add two tablespoons to your morning protein shake.
- Make Kale chips and use this as the seasoning.
- Two tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Two teaspoons cayenne pepper seasoning
- One tablespoon coconut oil
Pop your popcorn
Sprinkle the nutritional yeast and cayenne pepper over your popcorn
I use a big Tupperware and shake it up.
Now that you know Nutritional Yeast Benefits, will you use it?