Turmeric milk is a traditional Ayurvedic drink to boost your health and vitality, if you have never heard of Turmeric or Turmeric milk you are going to have your favorite night time beverage after you try this recipe.
Turmeric milk has been used for colds, congestion, headache, and sore throats and depression. Another benefit? Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. This herb is a great treatment for folks suffering from blotchy skin research has shown. For these reasons, Turmeric is known as the “Healing Spice”. Turmeric milk is also a great general body detox. Taking turmeric milk on a daily basis can help the liver detox. From scouring the internet we have learned Turmeric has been used medicinally for about 4,000 years in Traditional Chinese Medicine. This is one herb you are going to want in your pantry.
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon dried turmeric (or one-half inch fresh turmeric thinly sliced or grated)
- 1 teaspoon dried ginger (or one-half inch fresh ginger sliced or grated)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- A dash of honey
- a dash of fresh ground black pepper
- Add milk into a small sauce pan, .
- Add turmeric, Ginger, Coconut Oil and Black Pepper.
- Let the milk begin to come to a boil
- Then turn it down to low for 20 minutes
- Strain the mixture if you have used fresh ingredients
- Serve Warm
If you love the idea of using Coconut Oil in this recipe, check out our 20 Uses For Coconut Oil