You will love these Easy Healthier Breaded Mushrooms. Lighter and healthier than fried. Use panko style bread crumbs that hold up much better than ordinary breadcrumbs. See reviews on best ovens to prepare these in.
Easy Healthier Breaded Mushrooms
I love me some fried mushrooms when I am indulging with a couple of beers. BUT being in my mid 50’s I need to learn how to take my favorites and recreate them into lower calorie more nutritious foods. Fried mushrooms are so amazing. Popping them in your mouth then getting that watery outdoorsy taste bursting into my mouth is incredible! But it hurts my waistline and belly, that is for sure.
Another favorite Mushroom Recipe I love!
- Skinny Stuffed Mushrooms recipe featuring Portobello Mushrooms with green pepper, onion, mushroom and sprouted bread for a low calorie …
Skip the fried mushrooms and opt in for baked, they are just as delicious and will not make you feel sluggish after eating them.
- 8 (ounces) button mushrooms
- 2 egg white
- 4 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 Tablespoons Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a large Ziploc bag combine your dry ingredients.
- Place egg whites in a separate large Ziploc bag.
- Add mushrooms and shake to coat. (Shake vigorously)
- Remove mushrooms and place in breadcrumb bag and shake vigorously to coat.
- Place mushrooms on your baking sheet.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.