Dandelion Greens Salad
Why do I love Dandelion Greens?
- They are high in Calcium – Dandelion greens are loaded with calcium. One cup of chopped dandelion greens has 103 milligrams of calcium! Believe it or not more than the mighty Kale.
- Low Calories – With its slightly bitter taste dandelions are low in calories. One cup of chopped dandelion greens has only 25 calories.
- Antioxidants – Dandelion greens are high in vitamin A in the form of antioxidant carotenoid (beta-carotene) and vitamin C. You know how important Antioxidants are and wonderful for your skin.
- Detox and Cleansing Green – Dandelion greens cleanse the liver and help in detoxification
- Minerals – Dandelion greens are rich in minerals. Besides calcium and iron, they are a good source of copper (10% RDA), manganese (8% RDA), phosphorus (5% RDA), potassium (5% RDA) and magnesium (5% RDA)
- 14% Protein – Dandelion greens have more protein per serving than spinach. Dandelion greens themselves have 14% protein and contain all essential amino acids so it’s a complete protein. One chopped cup contains 1.5 grams of protein. Can you say wow!
Eat Dandelion Greens in a salad, throw them in soup, add them to pasta. How would you use them?