You will LOVE these Clean Eating Sweet Potato Nachos that are the perfect appetizer if you want lean clean food. Loaded with fiber and protein, this is an easy way to swap out fatty tortilla chips.
It’s football season and I for one love to watch the game with my husband and we love to chow down on munchies. BUT we like to eat clean. These Clean Eating Sweet Potato Nachos hit the spot for us. I like to make them in individual dishes so we can each put our own ingredients on top. I like it hot! 😋 Bring on the jalapenos! These sweet potato chicken nachos give you the protein you need to stay fuller longer. This is a smart appetizer choice.
RELATED: Baked Sweet Potato Chips
Black bean and sweet potato nachos are so tasty and filling. If you don’t like black beans use another high fiber bean! Sweet potato vs potato? Choose the sweet potato! The benefits of sweet potato for weight loss are encouraging if you use them in place of the potato. We are excited to be working on a clean eating food list and a 7 day clean eating meal plan.
Clean Eating Sweet Potato Nachos
- 3 medium/large sweet potato (skin on)
- 1 Cup shredded chicken
- 1 Can black beans
- ¼ Cup chopped tomatoes
- ¼ Cup green onions chopped
- ¼ Cup shredded lettuce
- ¼ Cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Avocado Oil spray
- 2 Tablespoons Sea Salt
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees
- Use a mandolin slicer to slice your potatoes very thin.
- Line 2 large baking sheets from edge to edge with foil.
- Spray with Avocado oil.
- Spread sweet potatoes on the baking sheets and spray them completely, do not overlap.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then flip the chips over and bake for another 10 minutes. For the last ten minutes, watch the chips closely and pull off any chips that start to brown, until all of the chips are cooked.
- When the sweet potatoes are cooled layer in your serving dish.
- Top with your ingredients leaving the lettuce and onions to place on top fresh.
- Place in oven for 8-12 min until cheese melts.
- Top with lettuce and onions.
SO, next Sunday or for Monday Night Football try these Clean Eating Sweet Potato Nachos!