You must try this refreshing clean eating detox taco salad that is actually so darn tasty you won’t believe how beneficial this salad is for your health. This is a colorful dish that will immediately become a family favorite. Using simplistic ingredients does not compromise the taste! You will be delighted with this clean taco salad.
You are going to love the flavors in this Clean Eating Detox Taco Salad. We make a large batch and meal prep it for lunch in a variety of ways from layering it on top of romaine lettuce, to a filling wheat tortilla rolled into a taco salad type burrito. A clean eating taco bowl is one of my husbands FAVES! 😋 If you are trying to lose weight and have not started meal prepping, you need to start this week! Meal prepping truly keeps you on track with healthy meals.
Dave and I like to do this every Sunday morning before we head out for our Sunday Funday! This dish has all the Mexican flavors you love, but we are keeping it clean and low sodium! This bans the bloating that occurs with a high sodium diet! This salad is made with a healthy taco salad dressing you will enjoy!
- RELATED: This salad is a recreation of my favorite Whole Foods Detox Salad. The colors are beautiful and this makes one huge batch to easily store in separate containers for the weeks’ lunch or snack options.
- Dandelion Greens Salad – This is one flavorful detox salad. Dandelion greens are loaded with calcium. One cup of chopped dandelion greens has 103 milligrams of calcium! Believe it or not more than the mighty Kale
Clean Eating Detox Taco Salad
- 1 Can low sodium black beans
- 1 Can low sodium corn on the cob
- 1 Can diced green chilies
- 2 Avocados chopped
- 1 Green pepper chopped
- 1 Cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ Cup red onion chopped
- 2 Cups cooked brown rice
- Juice of two limes
- A handful of cilantro chopped
- 2 Cups Greek yogurt
- Juice of one lemon
- Mix all ingredients together in a large serving bowl and enjoy!
Watch for a post next week with this Clean Eating Detox Taco Salad and how we meal prep it for an entire week of dishes! We are working on a 7-day clean eating challenge meal plan we think our readers will enjoy! Plus a clean eating menu for beginners and a clean eating grocery list for beginners.